1 cup polenta
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¼ cup maple syrup
¼ cup olive oil
1 ½ cup soy or almond milk
1 tablespoon rice or apple cider vinegar
1. In a bowl, combine dry ingredients: polenta, whole wheat pastry flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. In another bowl whisk together wet ingredients: Maple syrup, oil and milk.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and gently mix.
4. Pour batter into an oiled baking pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until tests done with a tooth pick when inserted into the middle of the bread.
recipe courtesy of Susanne Jensen